April 18, 2009

"He Found Me While He Was On The Pot!

Tomorrow is my 13th. wedding anniversary to a wonderful man! I love him dearly more and more every passing day. He is a gentleman in every sense of the word. He's caring, loving, funny, and we are complete opposites! It's true! I do Thank God for letting him find me, though. I don't understand him, and he says "I make him nuts!" LOL! Even though we are very opposite, he's simple, I'm rather (really) complicated. Somehow, we mesh. We seem to always have the same thought process when it comes to everyday living and we have done this since we began dating. From what to eat for dinner to what we will serve on holidays. I think it's weird but then I think we are soul mates.

When we met, I was a very lonely single mother with two boys to raise 14 & 11. He was a lonely man with two boys also. Before I moved here I had a Man-Crazy roommate who thought it would be funny if we put a personals ad in the local Pennysaver. So we did. Mine was titled "Silly but Serious". Hers, I can't remember, it was probably "Hot To Trot" or something of a sexual nature. I'm sure the word 'promiscuous' is either on her birth certificate or resume'. Anyway, I moved from my townhouse to a condo here with my kids. By then I had met quite a bit of different men, but they were not at all my type, maybe one but that was it.

Then, I met my husband. To be honest, he didn't like me at first and I thought he was a 'nerd'! In less than an hour my nerd turned into a prince! It was amazing! Like I said I do Thank God for bringing him into my life at just the right time everyday for everything he means to me and all the wonderful things he does to help me with my disabilities. But every so often, I wish God would have found a better place for him to find and read my ad. He was on the TOILET!!!! Me, being like a dog after a bone, I just had to know where he was when he found my ad!!! Man, I was so stupid to ask! It still bugs me.......Happy Anniversary, Honey! Would you like to see this week's Pennysaver?

1 comment:

  1. rofllmao....makes you wonder how many other men found their dates in the pennysaver while in their library!!! lol..mr. wonderful is the same way...he thinks the bathroom is his personal library! wouldnt be so bad but we only have one bathroom!!!! lololol thanks for making me laugh!

    ReplyDelete