July 14, 2009

Catching Up...

I want to take the time to catch up on what's been happening here in Hollyrock. I took time off due to health issues but I am feeling better now.

*Kyle returned home from his vacation, he had a great time. He went swimming in the ocean, played miniature golf, shopped for shark teeth. The boy loves shark teeth. He found some along the beach line. He was happy to get home. I think he missed us more than he expected to. He came home tanned, healthy and happy. We missed him so much too.

* So far, it's been a quiet summer. We have had long, lazy days since Kyle came home and terrific weather here.We had a wonderful Father's Day with some of the boys here and my in-laws. My father-in-law looks great and I think he really enjoyed himself while he was here. My mother-in-law was sporting a new Vera Bradley bag (who knew) that was gorgeous. I loved the print! I've bought three so far but I really favor the Black Microfiber.

* Certainly lost quite a bit of icons in June. Losing Farrah was expected but still wish she had been able to fight it. I'm sure her poor body was tired. At least now her suffering is over and she lived a pretty magical life.
Michael Jackson was the huge shocker! Not to dismiss his family's grief, I know the feeling of a loss of a brother and I'm sure his parents are reeling as well. But...knowing it was his own negligence makes it worse. The man was a great entertainer but the media hype is just over-board.

*Fourth of July was a good day. My husband and Kyle celebrated more than I did. I wasn't feeling too great. I found out in June that I have moved into the fourth stage out of five with kidney failure. So, now the search for a kidney begins in order to alleviate dialysis. I am hoping in August to be on the list for one. I am on a medicine that hopefully will raise my kidney functions some.

Well...that about wraps it up for summer here. School will be right around the corner. I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer.

Carol Cusick

No comments:

Post a Comment