June 5, 2009

Summer

To see the Summer Sky Is Poetry, though never in a Book it lie … True Poems flee” ~Emily Dickinson

There is a smell in the air, it's summer again! I love it!! The air smells of fresh cut grass, trees are full with new foliage as new flowers bloom in the garden. The sky is so blue with white, fluffy clouds and the sun beams down with gentle heat. Many live for this time of year. It's like a 'new beginning' for everyone. Nothing seems unobtainable, the sky is the limit! Fresh-faced graduates are facing a new phase of their lives. Little ones are leaving school for their yearly vacations. Everyone is happy!

Just the music from birds warbling brings back memories that were securely tucked away in our brains. Mine would have to be "My First Kiss". I was 13, Rodney was too. It was softball season and I had moved from the street I grew up on. I only moved six blocks away. One clear, summer night I was in my old neighborhood and it was time to go home. Rod offered to walk me halfway. As we walked, he was dressesd in his baseball uniform, I was in shorts and a T-shirt. We talked about the fun we had that day.
He gently hugged me with laughter and before I knew it, he was kissing me! Every hormonal circuit in me shot to high voltage. It was so innocent, so unexpected but yet so sweet....

No comments:

Post a Comment