May 10, 2009

"Dear Sons',

today is Mother''s Day". I feel so proud that you are all my sons. The day each of you were born was a momentous, defining day in my life. It's a day a mother never forgets. You were all beautiful babies with bright eyes and heads full of soft, sweet smelling hair. The way I felt holding you for the first time is indescribable. I just knew how much you needed me and I savored it. I watched you grow, saw every first step, heard every first word.I wiped away tears threefold through the years. All of you grew at your own pace in your own time. When one seemed to be growing faster, I'd turn around and find that the other was catching up. You were always in sync despite the age differences. Then, I was given two more special boys to call "Son". Another defining day in my life, only they were still adolescent so I didn't ever see them as babies but I was given the chance to meld them into what is now our family. Yes, it hasn't been all puff and glory but what family doesn't have troubling times? I've watched four of you grow into strong young men.
Now that four of you are grown and gone and Kyle is still growing-up, I can see a little bit of each of you in him. Kyle has Branden's silly, sweet smile, Eric's almond-shaped eyes and protective way, Kristopher's impulsiveness, and David's loving but quiet way. I want to thank all of you because if I didn't have you guys, then I wouldn't be a mom and today would just be another Sunday for me. All of you hold my heart in your hands and I can't think of a safer place I'd want my heart to be.
Love,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. i love the way you write about your family and especially all of your sons. you have a gift my girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete